Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Quick Updates - DOW, RIMM, SNDK, NVDA, CSIQ, MGM, AIG, AAPL

DOW - BUY SIGNAL: DOW has now given us a BUY SIGNAL after breaking over its resistance at $27.50 and its down trending channel.

RIMM - WAIT: After pulling back from its big +15% move last week, RIMM appears to have given us a bottom signal, after hitting a lower low than in the past few session while bouncing back up from its critical support level. To confirm this observation, RIMM needs to hit a higher low and higher high than today. A fall below $66.00 could send RIMM back down towards its 50 day MA around $62. I expect RIMM to continue higher in the upcoming sessions, and I don't see it a hit a lower low than today as this represents a critical support level.

SNDK - HOLD: Since the beginning of the month SNDK has gained now more than 50%. In the last 18 sessions, SNDK has consistently hit higher highs while only having 2 sessions with minor losses. As SNDK continues higher, you should HOLD on. However, the volume has been decreasing the last few sessions despite being relatively strong and over average, which may hint that the pullback is near. However, for the moment SNDK is a HOLD and from all the over 200 stocks I'm following this is the top performer of the month.

NVDA - HOLD: NVDA appears to be about to top, and today's high is possibly the top with the OBV having a negative divergence. NVDA currently stands around $18.00 and could be pulling back around $16.00 in the short-term. The major up trend remains strong. NVDA is about to give us a SELL SIGNAL for the minor trend (short-term).

CSIQ - HOLD: Here is another stock just like SNDK that has gained over 100% since the beginning of November, and remains a HOLD. Volume is still relatively strong, so for the moment there are not any imminent signal of a significant pullback. CSIQ has been in a major and steady up trend for nearly 2 months.

MGM - WAIT: Today MGM has jumped as much as over +5.00% and has bounced back up its support level of around $9.00. MGM is giving us a sign of a bottom today, and for the moment we can only expect a move back towards $10.50 at its 50 day MA. Only when it will break the 50 day MA will the major down trend be broken. You may profit in the short term from taking a position right now, but the trend is still down and I would rather wait for a clean break up over the 50 day MA. Today's move is very encouraging though and MGM does have strong potential of starting an up trend now.

AIG - WAIT: After giving us a BUY SIGNAL yesterday after a move of over +10.00%, AIG has pulled back around -5.00%, and is now back just under its 200 day MA. Again, we want to see AIG break the 200 day MA and stay there for at least 2 days to consider taking a long position. Keep in mind that there is still some significant resistance around $34.50 at its 50 day MA.

ABX - WAIT: After having a strong pullback ABX has hit higher lows in the past 4 sessions and bounced back up its support level of around $38.00. Today, ABX has made a big move up that we haven't seen since the last up trend. ABX currently stands just below its 50 day MA and if ABX manage to trade and close around $41 and above we will have a BUY SIGNAL. Today's move is very encouraging and the first sign of a bottom, but we first want to wait for a a 2nd up session with a break above the 50 day MA before calling a BUY SIGNAL. Today's move has to do with a little bounce back up GOLD had, however it's too early to say if GOLD has bottomed and will resume its up trend. We are now waiting for an imminent BUY SIGNAL, but if ABX pullsback again and fails to break the 50 day MA, you may see it trade sideways for a while between $38 and close to $41.

AAPL - HOLD: After giving us a BUY SIGNAL, on Monday, AAPL has been continuing higher for a 4th straight session hitting higher lows and higher highs. AAPL managed to break back above its 50 day MA, and should at least head back around its 52 weeks high of over $208 before facing any significant resistance. A move above the 52 week high would give us a STRONG BUY SIGNAL.

LONG RIMM
LONG ABX
LONG AAPL

DRYS - In a Major Down Trend

DRYS - WAIT

DRYS has been in a major down trend since mid-September, and has since narrowed while still continuing lower. As things stand right now DRYS is still trending down and has the potential to head down as low as $5.50 and possibly $4.75. However, DRYS is heavily oversold according to the stochastic and slowing down trend may signal that it may be nearing its bottom. However, even if DRYS breaks back above both its 50 and 200 day MAs, the major trend down would still not be broken. A break above $7.25 is required for any BUY SIGNAL. DRYS seems to be trending in a minor down trend within the middle of the major down trend. In the short term DRYS could head one direction or another, and if it's up you could make a reasonable gain despite having the major down trend still intact. However, at this point this is pure gambling, and any stock who is in a major down trend will have more tendency to trade down rather than up. So, until we get a clear BUY SIGNAL with a break above $7.25, taking a long position with DRYS is too risky as it could go in one direction or another. For now DRYS is a WAIT, and possibly a long one.

FAS - WAIT for the BUY SIGNAL

FAS - WAIT

FAS trading sidrways since early November, and has decent support at about $69, with the upper channel line trending down. FAS has since had 3 consecutive up sessions and the stochastic had given us a BUY SIGNAL. However, since early November FAS has been trading below its 50 day MA which it has yet to cleanly break and stay above, and that is why FAS is a WAIT. FAS is now trading just below its 50 day MA, and break above it around $76.00 would give us a BUY SIGNAL. However, I would wait until FAS trades at least two consecutive sessions above its 50 day MA before taking a long position. If FAS manages to hold, the 50 day MA will become the support level. FAS will still have to deal with resistance around $80 to $95. So despite a BUY SIGNAL and possibly start of an uptrend, it may take a while after before it can have a steady trend up, as it may possibly start trading sideways around $80 to $95.

DISCLAIMER

The analysis and information given on this site is for information purposes only. Trading in these strategies may result in capital loss. Individuals should do their own independent research or consult an investment advisor before taking investment action. All materials on this site, including the stock picks, are for news and entertainment purposes only and are provided on an "as is" basis and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied.

Under no circumstances will yoel stockpredictions.blogspot.com be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this site, even if advised of the possibility of such damages including, but not limited to, negligence. In no event shall yoel-stockpredictions.blogspot.com have liability to you for any damages, and losses for accessing this site or using the information provided.Yoel-stockpredictions.blogspot.com does not guarantee that the information contained herein or distributed from this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected. Past Results are not necessarily indicative of future performance.

Yoel-stockpredictions.blogspot.com does not trade against you. Some sites are using the size of their visitors to 'move the market' and take advantage personally with their stock picks. This is illegal, and mostly applicable in smaller less liquid securities, which are not covered on this site. It is highly unlikely that the articles in this site about stock picks could ever move the market.

As a visitor to this site, you acknowledge and agree that any reliance on or use by you of any information available on this site shall be entirely at your own risk. In no event shall yoel-stockpredictions.blogspot.com be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or exemplary damages arising from the use or the performance of this site, even if will yoel-stockpredictions.blogspot.com has advised of the possibility of such damages. Trading may not be suitable for all visitors of this site or the information provided by this service. The visitors assume the entire cost and risk of any trading they choose to undertake.